Small capacity liquid manure spreader.

lundi 1 octobre 2018

The amish guy up the road from me has gotten into the veal calf business and has set up his barn to have a manure pit (liquid manure).  He has been emptying it himself with a 300 gallon tank on the back of his wagon, but after talking with him, he would be fine with me taking the manure for free just to get it out of his way.  I do have a small Knight side slinger spreader that needs some work, but I noticed a Better-Bilt 1100 gallon liquid spreader in an online auction.  I have never dealt with liquid spreaders before, but from what I can tell about this unit, it has a pump for loading the tank, but just uses a manual valve on the back to empty it without the pump.  I would probably build something on the back to help spread the liquid out a little (the amish guy used an angled board behind his tank and it seemed to work ok).  I also wouldn't necessarily have to use the pump to fill it since his pit is built into the side of a hill and has the drain pipe high enough in the air that I could back under it.

 

I currently have a JD 4230 as my 'big' tractor and also have a JD 4020.  I'm thinking these should be big enough for the job and I do have extra bolt-in weights I can put in the rear tires.  Am I being overly confident?
 

Anyone on here ever seen/used one of these Better-Bilt units?  Any pros/cons to using the liquid manure on my hay fields?



Small capacity liquid manure spreader.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire