Krone KR 130 Bent Slats

lundi 8 juillet 2019

My Krone KR 130 that I bought used several years ago has an issue with the slats that roll the bale.  The slats/crossbars that make the bale (instead of rubber belts Krone uses these cross slats to roll the bale, they ride on rollers) are bowing/bent.  They've bent to the point that they now hit the inside of the baler and now have broken the rear cover.  I'm assuming I can release tension on the chain/slat, remove the slat and flip it over?  Anyone tried it?  It looks like it will clear everything flipped over, my only real concern is if I can pull the entire chain and feed it back through or do it piece meal.  Only a couple are doing it, but all of them have a bow to them.

 

My other concern is if this is normal from years of use, or is my bale indicator out of adjustment and putting too much hay in before telling me to finish the bale, thus putting too much pressure on the slats causing them to bend?

 

It's been a good baler, but I'm sure it was run hard before I got it.  I do about 1000 bales per year, so it's hard to justify a new baler.  The simplicity of Krone is a huge selling point for me, despite the slightly looser bale.



Krone KR 130 Bent Slats

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire