Grass species

jeudi 26 septembre 2019

Since this is my first post, a little about me, grew up on a farm/ranch, 55 married into a ranching family and raise cattle and hay on a small farm in ne ok, nw ar. The wife and I are looking to expand our operation, but land prices here are prohibitive, so we are looking at some other areas, mostly central oklahoma where prices seem to be far cheaper.  My question is this, what are the main species grown in this area, I know bluestem is one, that provide quality cattle feed and are drought tolerant? The soil seems sandy in that area, and rainfall amounts are less than we are used to. Looking for answers for perennial cool weather grasses as well, though I imagine we'll be planting some wheat also. Thanks ahead of time.



Grass species

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire