Weed ID, hope I'm wrong

lundi 23 septembre 2019

 

Found this weed a last year an destroyed it (wasn't found at that location this year).  This year found it again in several different places (they are in sad shape now).  But as I was heading towards one of my this year's victims to check their health, I notice something on my neighbors property.

 

Weed 1
Weed 2
Weed 3
Weed 4
Weed 5
 
These are pictures of the 'shorter' plant at about 6', the other plant about 15' away from this one is closer to 8' tall.  The ones I found on the edges of my hay field have all been between 2' and 4' tall.
 
I'm thinking that I'm dealing with a 'Japanese Knotweed', but hoping I'm wrong. Please, someone tell me it's something else, that's easily controlled.
 
Seems having a Japanese Knotweed is similar to having an STD (you don't want it, it can be a pain somewhere and you don't want anyone to know you have it or how you may have acquired it even  :cool:).  Should I tell my neighbor (my BIL) or just make the plants on his property a possible victim also?

 

Larry



Weed ID, hope I'm wrong

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire