Baler knotter theory of operation

mercredi 4 septembre 2019

Hi - I'm a new (but very old....79 years old) guy on this forum. Unfortunately I am not a farmer. I am a wood worker and my current project is making a small woodworking model of a "standard" baler knotter operation. My plan is to have a small wood working "automata" that is activated by a hand crank. It will have a bill hook (the knot tie thingy), a twine disk and a twine holder. I still have to figure out what I am going to tie since it will not have the ability to compress something like a bale...but that's not going to be a big problem.

However, I'm hoping someone on this site knows and is willing to help me out on the theory of operation on the twine disk and twine holder. I have searched the internet from one end to the other, wore out youtube, but cannot find anyplace that shows the real inside operation of the twine disc and twine holder.

 

I'm assuming the twine disk turns 1/4 turn for each bale.

1. How dies the twine disc actuially hold the twine?

2. Is the twine squeezed between the plates of the twine disk?

3. How is the twine at the start of the bale held in position so the twine at the end of the bale ends up in the same position? The twine hold at the start I assume has to be fairly rigid since the bale is pushing against the twine. I'm assuming the twine needle places the twine in another notch for the new bale just prior to the cut of the last one.  

4. Am I correct in assuming that releasing the compressed bale is what actually tightens the final knot?

 

Pictures are worth more than anything else. If anyone has the capability and is willing, I would very much appreciate photos of the twine disc with the initial string held in place, showing how it is held there. A picture of the start and stop strings held together would be nice. If the twine is squeezed between the plates of the twine disk, a picture of the back of the plates just before the cut would be extremely helpful.

 

I believe there are two different types of twine disks so I would love to get info on either of them.

 

I also did research on cornbinders because it looked like that might be an easier project. Again, lots of videos on youtube but no close-ups how it actually gets tied.

 

If any of you would have the time I would very much appreciate the help.

Ken



Baler knotter theory of operation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire