Ford 230 or I4-295

lundi 9 septembre 2019

I have what I was told is a Ford 230 small square baler a twister. I have searched for a service manual for a couple of  years now. In the process of my search I may have a I4-295. Last couple of years it would miss a bale maybe 1 out of 100. I finally ran out of my stockpile of old new baling wire and had to purchase some of this new non USA made wire. They seem to not know or do not realize that the wire needs to be lubricated, not only to protect it from oxidation but also for it to feed well. I do not know if that is the problem but I can not run 10 bales without it wrapping wire around one of the tie arms or both of them. With no service manuals, I am in a little bit of a bind. Does anyone remember these balers and if so can you point me in the right direction? I have 70 acres of coastal on the ground raked and ready. The way neighbors are these days and times I do not even know someone that has a small square baler that has not been sitting 5 to 50 years.I can round bale this hay but I have horse customers that either can not handle round bales or will not. Not to mention 50% or 60% of the bales are already spoken for. The last hay I baled last year I ran over 300 without a miss. I used the last of my old wire in a small field this year 55 bales I think and went ahead and loaded the new wire. That is the only change besides the field I am in. I have checked the routing of the wire several times and it may not be correct but I have had no problems the last 4 or 5 years. The wire appears to feed freely from the carriers. It just wraps around the tie arms randomly, left, right, or both it has no rhyme or reason that I can figure out. All the sheaves are free including the needles. I am at a loss of a direction to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.14-295.JPG   Not my baler but mine looks just like it.



Ford 230 or I4-295

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire