Tree watering system for young newly planted trees

lundi 17 août 2015

Hello,

 

I am looking for ideas on how to water trees I planted last November and the year before as well...  After talking with a tree nursery I have found 1 to 2 year old trees need water daily to put them into there growth stage.   He explained anything less and they would fall into a mature growth stage where they would shut down and show little growth.   Believe he said around a gallon or 2 per day.

 

Some of the trees are around my 1 acre lake and a couple of other areas as well on the property.   None of them are close enough to a hose.   I built 8 by 8 square enclosure to keep my longhorns from taking them out.   The trees I planted are Mexican Sycamores for they are highly recommended for Fort Bend County Texas since they are hardwood and grow fast.  

 

Currently I am filling a 55 gallon drum up and watering by hand and then refill and water, this takes a lot of time for 10 trees... 

 

I have around 50 acres where I am planting trees, and my well is on the edge of the 50 acres, so running lines may make sense to trees near say 200 feet, but anything further just doesn't make sense to me?   Having to deal with cattle breaking the lines... 

 

Ideally, I am thinking of placing 2, 55 gallon drums in each 8 x 8 enclosure where the faucet is adjusted to dripping over weeks... Then my problem is how do I fill these 55 gallon tubs in the middle of the pasture?

 

For the trees around the pond was thinking of a portable water pump and get the water straight from the lake into the 55 gallon drums? 

 

I hope I painted a picture enough for ideas...   I did mention to the tree nursery guys about 5 gallon buckets dripping (he said not enough water) and the Gator system that's advertised an his feedback was they water too quick for 10 hours only...

 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

 

Thanks,

 

 

Mark



Tree watering system for young newly planted trees

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire