Hesston Inline baler Capacity

mercredi 10 février 2016

I am curious if anyone has a challenger SB36 or Massey 1839 and is following a 40' header in wheat straw? I have found a couple of great used ones for a decent price. I would love to try a 1840 out but I don't think that is in the budget right now, so I'm scared to try it. I am only putting up 10k bale a year or so. I currently am running a JD 348 and it has been a great machine for 10+ years; misses maybe 1 out of 2000 bales and never have a problem with banana bales. This all being said, the pickup is way too small for following a class 7 or 8 combine with a 40' header. It barely catches the windrow and dribbles what most people wouldn't call a big deal, but bugs me. Baling capacity wise it is a pretty good unit, other than we should've ordered the heavier driveline when it was new (would've if the dealer had told us it was an option) and it is starting to show its age. We demoed a BC5070 last summer and I was not impressed, the pickup size was nice, but that was all. 

 

I have been researching specs on all these balers and the 348 and BC5070 are both 93 stroke 30". The 1839 comes in at 100 Strokes and 22". To me and simple math the JD and NH are both covering almost 2800"/min and the Hesston 2200"/min. That's a 20% reduction! I have read in a couple places that you can boost capacity by advancing the stuffer a tooth or two on the Hesston, but also don't know anyone who has done that. With my 3020 on the front in 1st gear its about all my 348 wants capacity wise and I couldn't slow down more if I wanted to.

 

So to finally reach my point, is anyone doing what I am considering and does the pickup/pre-compression chamber get as much material in the 22" stroke as my 348 is now? I really like the idea of an inline with my Kunhs accumulator, but I don't want to loose capacity over "wanting" an inline. When the windrows are 40' apart it doesn't require any forethought on which direction you need to go.

 

I know there are other methods like splitting windrows and other slower tractors and whatnot but this is strictly a baler question, not looking to change everything in my operation.

 



Hesston Inline baler Capacity

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire