buying a new/used disc mower

vendredi 17 juin 2016

So I bought some land (60 acres) about 5 years ago and for the first couple of years I had no problem getting it cut.  Well I was actually giving all the hay away to a guy who would cut it for me just to keep the land clean.  I finally built a house on the property and moved in.  I figured it was only fair considering I was living there now that we would do a split so that is what I suggested.  After the first Hay season passed and I was stood up on the cutting I started searching for custom cutters in the area but low and behold I couldn't find one or maybe I just didn't have enough land for them to bother.  I finally found a guy who would do a split with me, not in my favor, so we made an agreement.  His guy cut but in my opinion did a terrible job, left a lot of waste and only cut the premium grass so now I'm debating on buying equipment that will last awhile and just doing it myself.  

I have a low hp tractor 63 horse Ford 4610 4wd and I've picked up a rake and JD (I think it was a 336) square bailer but I still need a cutter to get started.  I have found there are a lot of different brands out there to choose from and the brands I know (JD, New holland) are expensive plus i've heard NH is not a good disc cutter.  I was wondering if you guys who know about this kinda stuff could give a city boy who moved to the country a little advise?  What brand disc cutter would you suggest and which cutters would you stay away from?  How big could I go with a 63 hp tractor with about 54 hp at the PTO?  Any other suggestions for my scenario?



buying a new/used disc mower

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire