Disc mower problems

mercredi 15 juin 2016

I can say that I have burnt up 2 (yes two) kuhn 700GMD HDII with in the past 3 years. First one had been used to death by my grandfather (he passed, I took over the farm), and I was the one who had a bearing come apart and wrecked the cutter bar. 2nd one had a gear shatter (missing oil plug) last week and worked down the bed. I'm sitting on 2 kuhn disc mowers that need new beds. I'm just finishing up my first cutting of grass hay with 2nd approaching. Do I....

1. Rebuild them? New bearings, seals, etc the works. If so, how do I check to see if the bed is warped?

2. Buy new cutter bars? Local dealer has two in Stock. 5k each ($4,971.00)

3. Say the heck with kuhn and spend my money on a shaft driven. Borrowed my neighbor's "New Idea" the other night to lay down 60 acres of fescue/clover. It was quiet and pulled nicely but definitely didn't impress me like the kuhn's abilities.

I'm sure any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Disc mower problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire