Alfalfa 2nd Cut Baling Delay

samedi 23 juillet 2016

I live in Central Illinois and have not been able to get all my alfalfa hay fields baled for 2nd cutting due to rain and humid weather. The oldest has been fully blossomed since the 2nd week of July and is fading color and laying over. Some has turned yellow, but I thinks that's bugs. 

 

My question is this.  I will eventually ( hopefully this week) round bale this hay and sell to some good long time horse customers. Will this older faded hay not be as palatable to their horses. In other words is their a chance they won't eat it.  I'm sure the protein count will be down but I don't think that will be an issue.

 

Any experiences here?????

 

I would rather not sell them hay, than have them unhappy because the horses won't eat it.



Alfalfa 2nd Cut Baling Delay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire