In-planting hay field - no till drill or other way

lundi 25 juillet 2016

I live in SW Colorado have a small irrigated hay field consisting of various types of grasses and clovers. This is old school mix and a lot of blue grass, short fescue has crept in. I was thinking of cutting it very short and going through it with a no till drill and adding Timothy and Orchard grass which is popular around here. Can this be done, and when is the best time. I am getting different opinions here . I want the field to stay sodded over as it is used as a winter pasture for my horses.

 

The other item I plan to do this fall is plug aerate heavily. It needs to be done to get better water penetration control. If I do that can I broadcast the mix and have it grow out of the plugs? Just thinking out loud here.

 

I do have an agg service here but they are always busy, but my COOP is good at recommending seed varieties.



In-planting hay field - no till drill or other way

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire