Summer lambing @1/4 done

jeudi 21 juillet 2016

It seems sheep (all livestock really) tend to have critters on the worst days possible. “Red”, as #261 is known (a lot of my sheep have names; some, like Red, are not too imaginative)...Red had a pair of twins on 1/8/16 and I happen to remember that the weather was CRAPPY as one of the lambs was stranded outside of the barn on the other side of the gate that she had laid against to give birth...squirted the little feller outside of the pasture and he was dead bc she couldn't get too him.

Today, she had another set of twins. Nice little ewe lambs. I reckon I will keep the black one for a replacement as Red is getting old and her bag is lumpy. Today's heat index was 108 (might have been more, but that's what I heard on the radio at one point).

 

lamb2.JPG

 

Either hotter than the hubs of hell or colder'n a well-digger's... Seems they can never pick a decent day.

 

lamb.JPG

 

I think the black one will be “Betty Bamba”
Reckon that would make the little feller  Oh,...Black Betty Bamba Lamb?

 

If you enjoy it, it ain't work!!!!

 

73, Mark



Summer lambing @1/4 done

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire