Big square balers

vendredi 22 juillet 2016

The opportunity to plant a little over 100ac of Alfalfa presented itself the other day, love putting up alfalfa and bales sell quick, the only problem that I have is timing. I don't think my small square Baler could do that much alfalfa in addition to my existing feilds with short windows, let alone pick them all up. My idea is to get a used big square Baler. Round bales around here sell for half the money of big squares and with renting all my ground, price per ton is important. So is a used square Baler worth while? What bale count is too many before a baler gets labeled "wore out". I like the idea of running 3x3 due to less horsepower requirement. Saw a 4755 Hesston sell for $15,000 with 40k bales thru it. Would a 4440 run something like that? What is it like to maintain a big Baler? Any input is appreciated.

Big square balers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire