What is best type of tool to make furrows?

mardi 7 février 2017

I coming into farming a bit late in life. The farm I am operating has old equipment, but it still works. I need to replace the furrowers as the ones I have are very worn and blunted. The current furrower is made by Nichols and is a beavertail shovel, 4 inches wide. The current furrower is 5 1/2 inches long and the replacement furrower dimensions are 4 x 9 1/2 inches. My question is: Is the beavertail shovel or corn shovel style the one I should use, or is there a better type of furrower to use? I am planting 200 acres of alfala and rely on irrigation in furrows through gated pipe.

 

 

beavertail.jpg  This is a picture of the type of furrower I have.

 

Would I have better results with a different style, such as one like this?14T.jpg



What is best type of tool to make furrows?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire