Annual Lespedeza

lundi 1 mai 2017

I thought I would see if anyone had any experience growing annual lespedeza or knew anything about it. I'm interested in growing some but there is very limited information I can find on growing practices. There appears to be two kind of annual lespedeza......Korean and Kobe. I know it used to be grown as a hay crop in NC back in the 1950s. I have heard some of the older guys around here talk about it but I have never been able to get an answer of why it fell out of favor and is no longer grown.

From the limited information I have found online and from what some of the older guys around here have said is it was traditionally broadcast seeding into small grains in Febuary and early March and germinated in the spring but didn't really grow until after the small grain was harvested for grain in June. The lespedeza would then give a cutting of hay in the late summer.

What I am wanting to try is notill it into the small grain(barley) stubble after harvest. Since it is a summer annual and doesn't grow in cool weather during the spring anyway I just don't see why this wouldn't work?

Hayden

Annual Lespedeza

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire