Got my barn, too

mercredi 10 mai 2017

Well, I bit the bullet and borrowed the money to put up a barn as the some land and a skid steer decimated my piggy bank and I REALLY needed another barn for this year's hay crop. I baled @5k idiot bricks last year and had them stored all over the place. Some in my 30x84 hoop building, but it was a pain because it wasn't all the same field/quality/price and I had to stack it side-to-side and could only enter from the end. I had straw behind 900 bales of hay and couldn't sell it 'til the hay was sold. I wanted a 36x112 barn and wanted 14' bays on the south side. The reason it “needed” to be 112 as it was divisible by 8 AND 14 as rafters are on 4' and posts are on 8' on the back wall and the bays are 14' to allow for two rows of hay in each bay. It will theoretically hold 6400 small bales in 16 rows.

 

 

I really like building my own stuff, but time was too short to get it done...and my aches and pains coupled with my dad (71) is my help... The Amish got the bid.

 

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

 

4.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

 

 

 

These guys started @8 am on Monday, and by 11am on Wednesday it was done. I timed them putting up sheets on the north side. 45 seconds per sheet!! They set all the rafters in a little under an hour. There were 4 or 5 guys (depending on the day) on the crew.

 

It never ends...now I want/need a different grapple so I can make use of the height of the barn (14' under rafters)...it JUST never ends!!!

 

Mark



Got my barn, too

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire