Protein content of OG hay

mardi 16 mai 2017

I when out in my cow pasture (cows hadn’t been turned out on yet) and collected some grass, mainly orchard grass (if not all OG), it self-seeds here. I split this collection into two samples.

 

One sample I took in right away (higher moisture sample naturally). The remainder I put on a piece of plywood in my shed. After a week or so (I turned it every day or so), I took it in the house and put it on the end of the wife’s kitchen table (not whole table just the end I don’t use) for a couple of days. Seems drying conditions were not the best in my shed, with the dampness and high humidity we were having.

 

Once it felt like it was dry enough to bale, I took another sample in for testing. Attached are the results, which I am going to share with my horse customers, this year. Who feel my hay is ‘too rich or high protein’ for their critters. Yet this is exactly what their critters are grazing on right now in MY area.

 

As I try to educate some, I know that I have to be ready to also except defeat. After all it seems I have (albeit slowly) learned that sometimes you just can’t fix stupid.

 

Test results attached.

 

Larry

 

PS: this grass had not even begun to start heading out as an FYI.

 

Attached Files



Protein content of OG hay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire