Seeding Timothy With a Pendulum Spreader

mardi 16 mai 2017

Does anyone have experience spreading Timothy seed with a pendulum broadcast spreader? I've always seeded with my grain drill using the small grass seed boxes and then packed it a couple of times (once behind the drill and then once again with just the packer), but the drill has a tendency to seed in streaks rather than an even coverage. I have a Land Pride spreader (I believe that it's just a re-branded Vicon) that I use for spreading fertilizer, and I just picked up a "small seed kit" for it (which is just a plate that covers up two of the three metering holes in the bottom of the hopper) thinking that I would try using it for seeding timothy rather than the drill in hopes that it would spread more evenly (with use of my GPS of course). Once I have it spread, my plan would be to pack it twice to create the same kind of planting depth and packing as a Brillion seeder would do.

 

The manual lists timothy in the chart, and at the right setting, claims that it will spread it at the rate I want with a 26ft coverage per pass. In theory this sounds like a good idea, but will the tiny seed really spread evenly at that coverage? Does any one have experience seeding small light seed with a pendulum spreader? Or am I better off using my old grain drill?



Seeding Timothy With a Pendulum Spreader

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire