Compatible sickle bar mowers for IH 240 with three point

mardi 1 août 2017

Hi all.

Self proclaimed newbie here with some questions, if you please.

 

I have an old International 240 utility tractor (new it was between 28-32HP).

It has three point with the old IH quick hitch lower arms and the top link.

Standard three point equipment works fine.

 

Contrary to the focus of this site, I'm looking to cut weeds and saplings along the edge of our lake and a sickle mower seems perfect for that job as it hangs out past the side of the tractor.

 

With no previous knowledge of sickle mowers and VERY little knowledge of my (or any) tractor, I come to you all here to guide and maybe offer some insight.

 

1) Would a sickle bar do what I'm asking?

2) I assume I should be looking for a specific type of mower for a three point, correct?

3) Can you offer suggestions on makes and models that I might find on Craigslist that would work well with my tractor?

 

My budget is meager (at best) for this project.

I found an old Ford 501 ($200) but it sounds like it was a special type of attachment that isn't compatible with standard 3 point configurations.

I'm in Western KY.

 

Thanks in advance. I look forward to learning what I can.

 

jww



Compatible sickle bar mowers for IH 240 with three point

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire