Yet Another repair to my BR7060!!!!

mardi 22 août 2017

Just when I thought I would hit a stretch of calm, my BR7060's problems returned again.
Today, under bright, sunny commonwealth of PA, post-eclipse skies at about 2PM, I raked up a 10 acre field and prepared to bale at 3PM. On bale 5 I got the dreaded "ERROR" and that nasty beeping alarm.
Bale was wrapped, but net uncut. Wouldn't return to home position. Got out and looked for anything I could find that looked abnormal, then I found it. The actuator cylinder let go right at the end where the bolt passes through.
Looked like metal fatigue.

I think the whole damn baler has "fatigue".
4,600 bales on it and it seems like lots of repairs you'd see on a baler with 15,000 bales.
I installed a reman actuator. Looks like its ~$700. Parts department said they sell maybe 2 of them a year.
I was back in business by 6PM and because I baled late, I made a bunch of higher moisture than desired round bales. :(
I think I crossed the $4,000 in repairs threshold today on my 4yr old BR7060.

Is this normal? Am I expecting too much in terms of reliability?

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_3627.JPG


Yet Another repair to my BR7060!!!!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire