Finally Done with my Access Road

dimanche 27 août 2017

Well I finally finished up my Access Road, a Field Rejuvenation and some major Ditching Work.

 

My wife and I are tired; it was a 3 year project but we managed to get it done in 3 months doing all the work ourselves. The only supplies we had to buy was lime, fertilizer and seed for the field renovation, while the rest we provided ourselves. The labor, equipment, rock and even gravel.

The latter was kind of interesting as we needed a foot of gravel on 475 feet of road, or 350 cubic yards. We have a dump trailer, but it only holds 1 cubic yard, so yes we made over 300, 1 mile round trips towing it with our Ford Explorer. To fill it we used our 25 hp Kubota farm tractor.

The project was so big we needed a bit of help, I built two homemade implements to make it easier; a homemade grader blade that went on my log trailer, and a ripper that went on the back of my tractor to help plow up gravel so it would be easier to dig in our gravel pit. Both helped tremendously.

 

Here are some before and after photos.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

 



Finally Done with my Access Road

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire