Kittens hijacked my baler!

samedi 2 septembre 2017

I've been investing in better equipment and cast off my old equipment so my hay cuttings can be more reliable with fewer surprises.  Despite that, my trusty NH311 baler was out of commission today...at least for awhile.

 

Everything had been going great up til this point.  I walked out to the shed and I saw a stray momma kitty (who's kittens we found a few weeks ago in our horse barn and she'd since moved them) jump out of the baler.  CRAP!  There's kittens in there somewhere and I can't use it until I find them.  I called my wife out and we opened up all the guards and covers, nothing.  I crawled under the baler and stuck my head up inside the plunger and through a slit in it I saw some white hair sticking through.  GOTCHA!

 

I rotated the plunger back.  There were about 6 inches between the plunger and the bale currently in the baler and somehow momma cat figured out how to get in there and put the kittens in there.  It was a perfect hiding spot and they had all the hay to stay warm in.  I'm so glad I saw her run out when I was walking out there, or I would have never a reason to look and it wouldn't have ended well for them.  It would have been horrible, actually.

 

Not all of you are probably cat people, but I am.  I love all animals.  I'm an animal scientist and a veterinary microbiologist and I work as a scientist for a large animal health company...I've devoted my education and professional career to improving the lives of our furry friends and their owners.  And if that meant I wasn't going to bale today to spare this cute bunch, then that's what it had to be. 

 

Fortunately we got them all rescued and removed and the hay still got baled.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_3539.jpg
  • IMG_3541.jpg
  • IMG_3543.jpg
  • IMG_3546.jpg
  • IMG_3549.jpg


Kittens hijacked my baler!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire