My windrower is dead to me

vendredi 17 juin 2016

Bought a Hesston 1014 this spring and planned on cutting most of my hay with that. Took a little bit to get her going but it cut my triticale and some of my first cutting Alfalfa fine. Then we moved to a big feild of perennial ryegrass. Boy what a nightmare. 3 low on an 8 speed was flying if you weren't getting clogged. Got so pissed I tore the crimper rolls out right in the feild. That helped a bunch but the hay took a week to dry on both the conditioned windrows and non conditioned. I also managed to bust two knife heads. Putting up 100% small square bales the 40 acre feild that yeilded 3300 bales took two weeks to put up, that was with 4 days of cutting/ breaking down.
That was 2 weeks ago. This week I let her sit and hooked up to the ole JD 39 sickle bar. Never clogged (because i know how to run it), ran in 1st gear high range, and got 20 acres done per day. Alfalfa dried in 2.5 days and grass dried in 1.5 days. What a difference. Makes me miss the ole disc mower but can't afford one that is worth a darn. Looks like we're going old school for a while but it's for the best

My windrower is dead to me

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire