Newbie needing some help...

mercredi 6 juillet 2016

I'm fairly new to this, been around farming/ranching and familiar with it most my life, but never worked it myself, so, I bought some property and I've decided (dementia?) to farm a piece of it...
A little info on the property, etc...
I have approx 50 acres I have worked up, and this being the first year tossed some triticale on it basically for a cover crop, I got it in a little (okay really) late like Memorial Day Weekend, but my excuse is that I am at the whim of my neighbors that have the equipment that I have been using, mostly because the tractor I bought is too small and one of the things I will ask about...
I really have no equipment at this time besides a 45hp 4x4 Yanmar/Cub Cadet which would be fine if my ground was flat from what I gather... the problem is none of is really flat, and some a little on the steep side (I was running a 110 hp JD (2WD) pulling a JD Drill and couldn't get up it, mind you it was soft soil...
Okay, now my questions...
I can still borrow some stuff as needed from my neighbor but I prefer to not to if I can get away from that... SO I will be soon in need of a swather, and a baler, I want to stay with a small square bale as it will be easier to transport from the field (let's not go there)... so I am wondering, what are some good types, and models of balers, and what should I pay for each?
I will also need a swather, and as I am going to be switching possibly totally if not mostly to Alfalfa in another year, I will also need a conditioner? Thoughts, ideas, price?
Last but not least, a 4WD tractor, I am assuming at LEAST 90HP, but because I have the skid steer front end on my Yanmar, I would love to have a skid steer front end on the tractor.
Mind you, I am new this, and my budget isn't crazy either, so I am looking at good stuff that would be reasonable in price, and last a while..
Thanks up front for the help... and anything is appreciated (well outside of the "you're crazy" stuff)...

Jim



Newbie needing some help...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire