NH 575 timing out, way out.

dimanche 10 juillet 2016

OK a very long time since I've had any baler problems, especially since I got this 575 and got rid of my 336.

I got real good at timing the 336 thanks to some great videos etc., but this is a different animal.

 

Short version, I broke a flywheel shear pin because I overloaded the baler. It broke just after the knotter tripped.  The needle protection stop came out and blocked the crank, so I reset that, replaced the shear pin, and I finished the tie of that last bale.

 

So now the timing marks are off at the knotter clutch by about 1 1/2 inches. It worked fine but I want to get it back right.

 

Following the directions in the operators manuaI I loosen the front chain and try to jump it to correct the timing and I found it very hard to turn that shaft because I couldn't get the chain completely free. So I tried to use the flywheel for leverage and overcorrect the timing and then back up the flywheel.  Anyway I must have jumped the chain in the wrong direction and now the feeder forks are way out and hitting the plunger and the knotter is still out. What a mess. I can't time the feeder until I time the knotter but now the feeder hits the plunger! Catch 22.

 

How do I go back to square one and reset the whole deal. Seems like on the 336 I was able to remove a gear and jump the whole system but this machine is more complicated. I'd like to give it one more try before the dealer.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Jeff



NH 575 timing out, way out.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire