BR7060 Insurance claim? Mike10

mardi 27 juin 2017

So we made 240 bales yesterday and on the last bale of the day about 7pm, my BR 7060 started making a horrible racket at about the 44" mark of the last 60" bale. I shut the PTO off and looked around. Turned back on for just a brief second and noise was still there. I ejected the unwrapped 44" bale. With the baler open, I observed that the uppermost steel roll was out of level and not in sync with the drive sprocket.
I called the double secret phone number of my mechanic (it took many requests and Christmas cards for him to give me his celly ) told me to bring it down this morning. Turns out, my baler ingested a large rock and broke the bearing and pin that anchors it to the side of what I call the sledge frame. Looks like $1,000 + in repairs. The roll also has a shallow dent, but is still useable.
I rarely make insurance claims, although I just made one for $3,000 for a tree falling on my M126 crushing the roof and a fender.
So my bottom line is, is this an insurance claim event? Or no? It seems like one. I worry about premium increases or being dropped.
My only other claim in last 5 years is a small fender bender with a minivan in a parking lot 2 years ago.

BR7060 Insurance claim? Mike10

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire