JD 348 options

lundi 26 juin 2017

Let me start out by saying that I'm new to hay, but am learning a lot by reading on this site.  I'm planning on picking up a John Deere 348 baler sometime over the fall/winter.  I'll probably buy new from my local dealer.   I was wanting to know what options would be worth getting, from those with experience?  I understand the multi-luber gets recommended a lot, and I was planning on getting it.  Here are some of the others available that I was wondering about:

 

Hydraulic bale tensioner (is it really much better than a hand crank?)

Hydraulic pickup (my ground is uneven, so I'm think yes on this one.)

Hydraulic tongue positioning  (sounds self-explanatory, but not sure if it's really better than pulling a pin and positioning it by hand)

Side hay resistor  (didn't know if this would be necessary/beneficial for my use.)

 

If it makes a difference, I'm planning on baling orchardgrass hay, and my tractor is about 60 PTO horsepower and has 2 remotes.  Also planning on pulling a Kuhns accumulator, so I assume I'll need to get a wagon hitch on the back of the baler.  

 

Also, I know the New Holland and Massey balers get a lot of recommendations, but my closest dealer is Deere, and I've had good luck dealing with them in the past.  Hence, my decision to go with the 348.

 



JD 348 options

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire