Choosing a sprayer

dimanche 3 septembre 2017

Approximately 85ac of mildly rolling hills. Nothing steep. Pasture on about 50, waterways on about 5 and alfalfa/ orchard on 20 and Timothy on the final 10ac.

I have a neighbor who has been spraying thus far, but it is hit or miss when it gets done. 7-14days variance sometimes. I feel that I'd like to have a good sprayer to apply herbicide as well as pesticides when needed rather than when it can be gotten to.

So, I've been looking at sprayers online, however they are much more expensive than I would have guessed. So, I've been looking at used sprayers, and there is a huge variety. So much so, that I'm not sure of what I need in reality.

JD 5100e with filled tires MFWD

My thinking is that a 500 gal pull type with 45-60' adjustable height booms would be best. Minimum 3 station. I'd like to get foam markers although I'd certainly consider GPS if there was a reasonable cost for such a small operation as mine.

There are so many options but I'm not really sure what would be necessary, useful, or simply costly.

Given what I've stated, what would you recommend?

Tires? Gal? Accessories? What is "worth the cost" to you? What would you not do without? And what would you recommend I look for in a used sprayer? Both to look FOR and to AVOID? I see many on TRACTORHOUSE but I just don't know what I'd use and find useful.

And finally, what do you think a worthwhile sprayer that you'd recommend would go for/be worth? What range can I likely get a solid sprayer to fit my needs?

Choosing a sprayer

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire