NH RB450 Silage Baler trash buildup on top of belts

mardi 5 septembre 2017

Hello all,

 

I just want to first say that the knowledge of haying equipment on this forum is great. Better than the manual in a lot of cases.

That being said, I bought a new RB450 round baler, silage special with crop cutter earlier this summer and have been frustrated by a couple of nagging problems.

 

-One being the netwrap not extending to the edge of the bale (mostly left side only). I have adjusted the baffle plate and brake tension per the manual and it has certainly helped but I still get a mis-wrapped bale probably 10% of the time. I am going to readjust the baffle plate per Mike10's 'how to guide' and see if that works better.

 

-The second problem seems to be more challenging. This baler is getting all kinds of loose material (hay) buildup in the top area of the belts, near the follower roll and just below the main rubber drive roll. There is always buildup with dry hay and straw but not really any negative effects. But when baling tougher silage types such as grass and sorghum, this becomes a real problem. When these chunks of material get loose and carried up into the drive rolls, everything comes to a halt. Usually ends up tripping the PTO clutch or belts slipping. And I'm talking enough buildup after only 4 or 5 bales to cause this. I have adjusted all of the scrapers tight on the rollers along with the baffle down on the tailgate roller tight to the belts. I enclosed a few photos of the mess that ends up in there. 

I know the accessory manual shows a few different rollers that can be added for trash removal but the dealer says they are not familiar with which one might help.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem or what to look at?

 

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

I am typically baling 1000 bales or so/year but probably >500 of them are wrapped green bales of various sorts so this thing needs to be able to work with silage bales. I traded in a Claas fixed chamber and I am really missing that machine right now but this NH really has a lot of good points if I can just get the bugs worked out of it.

 

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_05491.JPG
  • IMG_05431.JPG


NH RB450 Silage Baler trash buildup on top of belts

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire