Hay Rake Recommendations

mardi 17 avril 2018

I am starting to think about a new hay rake.  I've been using an 8 wheel carted rake, and really want to upgrade.  If this season goes well, the rake is the first thing on my wish list. 

 

I'm doing about 60 acres of hay, mostly legume or legume-grass mix.  Currently mowing with a disc mower, mower conditioner(9 foot) will be next on the list after the rake. 

Current process is to cut, then immediately ted. 

 

I know FarmerCline had some real challenges with his double basket rake.  I'm leaning heavily towards rotary, but want to find whatever will work best, with quality of baled hay being the highest priority. 

 

With the tedding, all of the ground is covered with scattered hay.  I really don't want to be dropping a windrow on top of hay that hasn't moved since it was cut/tedded in a very green state.  My typical practice is to rake a day ahead of baling, typically early in the morning, for maximum leaf retention. 

 

Baling with an inline small square, Case 8530, which has a 72 inch pickup. 

 

Thanks. 

Reed



Hay Rake Recommendations

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire