Help with installing high stubble shoes on NH 7000 series discbine

samedi 14 avril 2018

Looking for some advice from anyone who has been there and done that.

 

I picked up a used NH7320 discbine at the end of the season last year.  I grow primarily orchard grass/timothy which likes a 4-5 inch stubble.  Over the winter I ordered a set of high stubble shoes to get the higher stubble height.

 

I went out last week to do the install.  Pretty darn easy on 5 of the 7 cutterbar modules.  But the outer two modules have me a bit stumped.  On the outer edge of the outer modules you can't get a socket on the 1/2" cap screw due to interference from the cutterbar support bracket bolts (these are those two bolts that have the grease zerk built into the cap).

 

About all I can get on these two outermost cap screws is an open ended wrench (can't even get the box end on the head).  I am concerned about rounding off the head.  I had to use an impact wrench to break the othe dozen cap screws free (and yes, I soaked them for several days in penetrating fluid first).

 

Looking for advice from anyone who has installed these high stubble shoes and if they had the same issue.  What did you do?

 

The obvious answer looks to be to back out the two cutterbar support bracket bolt that is in the way but the owner's manual doesn't address this anywhere.  If anyone has messed with these cutterbar support bracket bolts, anything I need to be aware of before I start monkeying with them?



Help with installing high stubble shoes on NH 7000 series discbine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire