New Idea 5209 Cutter Bar Service

samedi 21 avril 2018

After about 17 years at 300 acres per year I have taken the cutter bar out of the haybine.  I bought it used about 17 years ago, it was just like new when I purchased it, one of the red ones.  I have done the yearly maintenance religiously changing the grease in the units and the hypoid in the main gearbox annually, regular greasing  and I have always kept it inside.  So, I still had a pretty good machine except the cutterbar was loose to the point that it was making me nervous.  The job was alot easier than I thought it was going to be.  I removed the cutterbar according to the directions in the manual.  It is very easy to work on once it is up on a couple of benches.  So, in the end I replaced the hex drive shaft, all the skid shoes and wear plates, new knives and the bushing type nuts that they pivot on,  All the self locking cap screws and most of other nuts and bolts.   All the individual drives show not wear.  The biggest part of the job was drilling out and retapping the 8 cap screws that broke off  during the process (8 out of 28).   Any of you that have the same job coming up it is   not too diffucult a job, just patience.  Definitely something that I would want to try to avoid in the middle of the season though, but not terrible..   .



New Idea 5209 Cutter Bar Service

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire