Spraying Roundup Ready Alfalfa

lundi 9 avril 2018

Hello,

 

I am new to roundup ready alfalfa this year.  I have a 16 acre field in northern NV that is irrigated via flood irrigation.  It has a new stand of RR alfalfa that was planted last spring.  2 cuttings were taken off of it last year.  I just bought this field this past winter.  

 

This year the alfalfa looks very good.  However there is quite a bit of mustard weed (aka...flixweed) growing.  I would like to spray it out.  The alfalfa is just beginning to grow and I see everyone else spraying so I think the time is right.  

 

My question is what mix / ration do most people use on the RR alfalfa?  I have read anywhere from 28 to 44 oz of roundup per acre.  I am trying to figure out how many gallons of water to add to that.  I have a 26 gallon boom sprayer that pull behind my JD gator.  

 

My going in gameplan is going to be to use 35 oz of big n tuff, 13 gallons of water, 6 ounces of surfactant and 16 ounces of ammonium sulfate per acre (double all that to mix a tank of spray).  If anyone has experience spraying RR alfalfa I would really like to hear if you think I am on the right track or if my mix sounds off.  

 

I just assume Big N' Tuff is ok to spray since it's label says it can be utilized on RR alfalfa.  If that is incorrect please let me know.

 

Thank you in advance for all the advice.  

 

Thank you,

Andrew



Spraying Roundup Ready Alfalfa

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire