Would this spreader do a good job with dry bagged nitrogen?

vendredi 6 avril 2018

I have to find more ways to do things myself. I decided to use compost to fertilize my hay lands with good results.
However, I have a few parcels that are difficult to access and, with this winter, didn't freeze enough to allow compost spreading without risk of a lot of ruts.
So I have a salt spreader, it holds like 800lbs or salt or sand. It has a horizontal auger inside and a typical spinner hanging off the bottom. For years I have wanted to try it to spread fertilizer. Worried about making a mess, improper application rates, etc.
I've attached a picture. Let me know what you think. Also any tips appreciated!!!

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_0947.PNG


Would this spreader do a good job with dry bagged nitrogen?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire