Anyone NOT tedding their 2nd or 3rd Cuttings?

jeudi 23 août 2018

I clipped a couple of my fields yesterday, never intended on a second cutting (Timothy), but with the rains we’ve been having, the fields just needed manicured...

It looks like there is enough foxtail, milkweed, dogbane and purpletop to make a few squares of goat hay...

What’s there is - is free of Autumn Olive and multiflora rose, so that’s good...

Seriously, Ive cut is thin, but I think I can get a few squares. My concern is two fold. First - if I ted this stuff, I’ll loose a lot of it in the stubble. Second - if I don’t ted, come Saturday, i’m either going to have dry hay or buffered propionic acid hay.

I’m inclined not to do anything, except rake and bale.

What say you - do you automatically ted your later, thinner cuttings?

I thought we were done after our first cuttings for the year, looks like we ain’t finished yet...

Thanks!
Bill

Anyone NOT tedding their 2nd or 3rd Cuttings?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire