Help with a friend's haybine

mardi 21 août 2018

I put up a former coworker's hay for her, using her equipment on her field since her husband left her. She has an older NH 488 with a reel that's slipping.

 

When I lower the mower all the way down it tilts forward really far, a lot farther than my 488 does. Even with the skid shoes dropped for a 3-4" cut. The angle is only adjustable for 7 or 10 degrees and if I recall is set the same as mine, so I don't understand why her's tilts forward so much more. As a result, if I have it lowered all the way, the reel will slip, or spin in a jerky manner, or just stop spinning altogether. If I raise it just a little bit then the reel moves properly. It's irritating because I have to manually set the height via the lift hydraulics which leaves a lot of hay on the field.

 

Could the reel be set too far forward so it catching on the ground or grass too much?



Help with a friend's haybine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire