Forklift for Grapple Stacking in Barn

jeudi 16 août 2018

This is our first season using a Kuhns AE15 accumulator and 15 bale grapple - nothing but praise so far with the system.  Having now spent some time stacking in the barn with the skid steer, I have had a lot of time to think about ways to improve our system.  I keep coming back to thinking how much faster I thought I could be with a forklift, not to mention stacking higher.  After a quick search on here, looks like I was not the first one with that idea!

 

I have read enough to be convinced this would be a good improvement for us, but wanted to get thoughts from some of you on forklift sizing for this task.  The 615 grapple recommends a loader lift capacity of 1900lbs, but this will not translate directly to forklift lift capacity, as the 15 bale stack extends farther from the mast and could lead to tipping concerns in an under-sized machine.  For any of you that are using a forklift with a grapple or have other forklift experience, how did you go about determining the size of forklift required?  Thanks for any advice you can offer.



Forklift for Grapple Stacking in Barn

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire