Neighbors cows

mardi 21 août 2018

Today I had my dad come look at 2 herds of mine and while driving place to place we pass by other peoples pastures and talk about them. A few people in my area just graze to the dirt and the cow is always showing a little rib. I asked him about a few herds I drive by daily and he remarks that the guy with that herd is the same guy who has these cows and these....
He then says that guy always says gata keep a cow hungry or it will get lazy and not forage. Very rarly does he have over 2 inches of grass. All be it pasture is weed free and he is running more cows per acre. Seems to raise nice claves, bragus cows and brangus bull.
So my question is this. I know this is far from what any publication or book recommends. But if he is running more cows raising good calves isnt he technically making more money per acre. I guess his cows my not last as long. But he also isnt fertilizing or spraying a pasture for weeds. I doubt i could do this as i lease land and my land owners would run me off. Although this guys cattle are on leased land.

Neighbors cows

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire