NH BC5070 FLYWHEEL SHEAR BOLTS SNAPING OFF

lundi 13 août 2018

The BC5070 bailer has about 5,000 to 6,000 bales through it. I am the origanal owner. I start hearing  a strange banging noise on and off. The shear bolt on flywheel broke. This was the first time ever having this issue. I install new one snap! ok something is way wrong. The first thing I find the safety latch  is banging on flywheel arm. I adjust cable to move latch back. Snap again. Than I notice needle arm is not coming back all the way. Now I try turning the knotter break springs three of them . One full turn. Can still move knotter back and forth buy hand pulling on it. Flywheel bolt snap. Now I try another  half turn ( in all was 1.5 full turns on springs. knotter is now stiff. Than I find latch adjustment screw and move it about 1/4 inch.

 

So it seems to me the knotter is not returning needle arms to the right position. Is why I tied what I did. The tack on tractor is after market and has proven to not be accurate. So I count the RPM and find it was 68 if I remember right it should be 92 RPM.

 

I turn up RPM to 92. Than smooth sailing after all adjustments listed. I still don't really know what was right  and what was not necessary.  Got the job done but what about next time. Will I have the same trouble next time or what???????

 

Thank you much  



NH BC5070 FLYWHEEL SHEAR BOLTS SNAPING OFF

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire