Foxtail

samedi 9 juillet 2016

To preface from earlier;

 

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

Just a follow up to last year.....last year I sprayed with 12 oz. of glyphosate on my upland where i had a outbreak of little barley. It killed about 1/2 of it and the other half was stunted so badly it never matured.

 

This year there is almost none of the little barley germinated....just sprigs here and there. So, it worked really well.... the gly never killed my fescue and really just slowed it slightly as I got about a normal cutting of hay in the area that I sprayed.

 

12oz. per acre worked very well.....I would not go with 16oz. as I tried 16oz. on another field to try to kill some foxtail and some of the grasses sustained damage.

 

Regards, Mike

 

 

Currently,

 

So I mentioned earlier last month about how I have been invaded by Barnyard grass and Foxtail in my spring seeding of Orchard grass.....loving to experiment....and not afraid to, I sprayed 1/2 the field last week with 12 oz. per acre of Cornerstone glyphosate. Its been about 4 days. I went down this morning and looked it over and it appears that the only thing dying is some foxtail and crabgrass. But this is NOT conclusive...it's still early. BUT, the foxtail had just began to form seeds when I sprayed and this morning I saw that ALL of the tiny foxtail seeds all falling off the plumes.....prematurely!    Interesting.

 

Regards, Mike

 

 



Foxtail

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire