Working the bugs out of my Vermeer 504F

vendredi 8 juillet 2016

Well, I recently bought a Vermeer 504F that only had 4500 bales through it.  It had been parked in a barn for years because the guy that bought it new got sick and passed away and his family members bought a new monitor baler and never used this one again.  So far, I've replaced all the pickup teeth, the starter roller #60 chain, both bearings and flangettes on the lower drive roller, all the hydraulic hoses that hook to the tractor, tires, pickup belt and 3 of the hydraulic hoses to the bale chamber cylinders. 

 

Some of the sprockets are wallowed out really badly like someone wasn't keeping the chain tension right on the  #80 main chain, it's going to need some bearings in the pickup and the bale chamber won't stay open so the cylinders may need rebuilding. The belts are a little worn but not badly and I have a practically brand new set from a scrapped 605C that I can cut down for it. The gearbox and all the rollers run smoothly and don't make any noise.  Next on the agenda is fix the pickup so it works better. Bearings, grease zerks to replace the ones that are frozen up with old grease, and maybe some tine guards because a couple of them are a bit worn.

 

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the little baler. It makes nice tight bales and the hydraulic tie works flawlessly.

 

I have two questions for those of you who might have a better idea.

 

!. Right now it's into me for about $1600... that's pretty decent for a round baler with that few bales on it, isn't it?

2. I'd like to put some Haysaver Wheels on it, anyone have any sources for an aftermarket version? I know Vermeer is REALLY proud of theirs.



Working the bugs out of my Vermeer 504F

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire