Bush Hog GMD10

mardi 6 juin 2017

Long story short, and I am leaving out a lot...but I bought a new (demo) 10'6" Bush Hog GMD disc mower for $4000. I still think it was a good deal. The operator manual (downloaded) leaves a lot questions unanswered. I have yet to get it into transport mode. The hole you put a pin in when the spring moves out of the way after it's lifted is never exposed. I get it up as high as I can then put a strap on it. It also has a locking device that last year was down when I raised the mower and bent the bar that slides along with the cylinder. At that time the belts smoked completely off. Over the winter I replaced the bent part and just the other day installed the belts. There is a spring on the bolt that adjust the belts. I tightened the belts 'almost' compressing the adjustment spring all the way. About 1" movement in the middle of the run with maybe 6lbs. pressure. Several times today during very heavy hay the belts slipped and smoked a little. I tighten up the rest of the play and finished the maybe 25 acres. Then later on about 6 acres in the lowest slow gear on my tractor (MF593) they started slipping again, very bad. This hay was extremely thick, maybe more than I have cut before. Tractor RPM's did not change. I only have maybe 3 acres left so I am going to nurse the thing along in the morning. I have heard if the belts smoke once they have to be changed. Also this is the same belts used on the 6 and 8 ft mowers (I think). I am going to order 4 new belts for the second cutting. My backup is a NH 9'6". Anyone have experiences with this mower?



Bush Hog GMD10

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire