broken bar on IH 1100 sickle mower

dimanche 2 août 2020

I just broke the second 9' bar on my cart mounted 1100 sickle mower, and they both broke in the same spot thru the bolt holes.  The new used one I put on this spring had been welded upon close inspection but they did a good job hiding it because I didn't notice it when I bought it used.  Given that a new bar is more than the mower is worth(1200-1500 depending on who you order it from) I plan to weld my original one and run it some more even though it wrecks the sickle and some guards when it breaks.

 

My question is, is there a better sickle mower out there that I should look for instead (JD or New Holland maybe)?  I cut 40-50 acres a year of brome mix grass hay and like how they hay dries down faster with a sickle cut and I like the 9' over a 7' for obvious reasons (it cuts more in every pass).

 

What I would like to do is find a used Rowse double 9' sickle mower and really move uptown, but they are still pricey for my budget and seem to hold their value pretty well yet.



broken bar on IH 1100 sickle mower

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire