Changes are in the wind.

mardi 25 août 2020

Changes are in the wind.
Many have seen the server busy try again later error message. I have bumped up the threshold so that it does not show up as much but when we get to that threshold the server will crash. I have made the decision to migrate to new software that will offer quite a few advantages. It works much better with mobile devices. It lets you add more than one pic at a time and it's what I'd call a cleaner design. It is faster since it runs the current supported version of PHP; so all the errors that are causing the server issues now should go away. Downside, it's different. Nobody likes change, including me. I have painted us into a corner trying to avoid change and now is the time I have to bust through the wall to another room. I have been working with this software this past week and now I find it similar to our current version of vBulletin.

Beware, it will look different. I cannot duplicate this style but I will work to make it palatable. It will take time. First we make the change to new software and the default design ...blue. Then I can focus on making it look better. All posts and pictures will come over. Downside, depending on how the image was added it might show up as a thumbnail you have to click to see the full size. A minor annoyance. Newly added pics the poster can choose full size or thumb. Overall most is very similar but it is different and we all know there will be a learning curve. I resist change, maybe more than most but we cannot survive running software that is 10 years past end of life and PHP version that is also 10 years old and vulnerable to hacks, viruses and data integrity issues. I would not make this change if it was not absolutely necessary. I have procrastinated on this as long as I can. This is an expensive ordeal but I refuse to ask for donations before you see the new software. Please stick with me. We will all get through this together. Never fret, myself and the mods will be here to answer questions and help with all issues.


Changes are in the wind.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire