Looking at some "new" round balers.

lundi 17 août 2020

My dad and I had an easy time getting first cutting put in this year thanks to some nice dry weather for a change.  We were able to get on the fields when we should have and put up some very nice grass hay.  The problem we've run into is that the round bales we put up with our Claas 62S round baler (fixed chamber) don't keep a nice shape since we can't get a lot of density in the center when the bales starts.

 

I've been keeping an eye out for some decent variable chamber balers and have found a couple that are close to my price range, but have the rotary cutter in them, which I don't need.  I know most of these cutters can be disabled by having the knives removed or backed out, but how well do they work that way?  Is there a big HP penalty having the cutter and not using it?  The one baler I'm looking at is a Claas 280.  Any opinions?  I've been quite happy with the Claas 62S that we have now, other than the lack of a variable chamber.



Looking at some "new" round balers.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire