Alfalfa advice for a newbie

jeudi 19 mai 2016

I am looking to plant about 10 acres or so of alfalfa to sell in my area of Central-Southside Virginia. I have never grown hay before except when I was younger on my grandmother's farm with my uncle so this is very new to me. I am wondering if I could get some advice on best planting practices, type of used equipment, harvesting techniques, etc in order to begin as well as possible. I am most certainly not expecting to make very much money in this venture but as a partial hobby and to create a good work ethic in my children. My plan is to offer the hay I grow to horse farms

 

I have had my land looked at by some other older farmers in the area. They are by no means experienced in alfalfa productions but  results were good and favorable for alfalfa as far as drainage etc. I understand this opens up many avenues and opinions but I am open to all suggestions. Also, if anyone knows of any pay-for consultants I can contact for my area I am happy to go that route as well. 

 

Thank you very much in advance for your time and assistance.



Alfalfa advice for a newbie

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire