JD 458 vs. NH 7060

dimanche 29 mai 2016

I have a five year old JD 458 baler.  It has only baled about 3,000 rolls and is in very good condition, I think.  I can't say that it has been trouble free but I seem to have an issue around which I can't work.

 

I have begun heavily fertilizing my fields and getting a lot more tonnage per acre.  That means my pick up rows are larger.  The baler has always been prone to hang up if it got too much hay at one time, but now, I'm having to literally creep along at maybe 2 mph to keep from over loading the baler; especially if the hay has any extra moisture.

 

Yesterday, it hung up and the belts moved laterally.  I will have to take it to John Deere shop to get it fixed.  I called a friend who has a New Holland 7060 to come bale the field I have cut.  He assures me that the NH will walk right through the heavy rows.

 

The current performance of the 458 is simply unacceptable.  So, is the New Holland better, or do I just need to get a larger baler?

 

Troyplan



JD 458 vs. NH 7060

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire