Going to try Teff this summer

jeudi 19 mai 2016

We have one hay field of about 10-12 acres I think I am going to try Teff on this year.  It is in need of a renovation, and I wasn't able to get it fertilized this spring yet, due to all of the rain we have had, and my work schedule.  I was planning on broadcasting my seed after we take 1st cutting off, so probably around the beginning of June, and then discing it lightly.  I wasn't sure if I can also broadcast my fertilizer on then, before we disc, or should I wait a couple of weeks to let the Teff get going?  I know that this ground is not very fertile.  We plan on coming back after our last cutting in the fall and putting in wheat, and if the Teff works out this year, trying it again next summer.  Any suggestions on getting a good stand going would be appreciated.  I am in Northeastern Ohio.



Going to try Teff this summer

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire