Alfalfa/Grass and Sub Irrigation

samedi 28 mai 2016

Hi, so I'm looking at a piece of land that had sub irrigation/drainage. The depth of the pipe ranges from 3' at one end and goes down to 6' at the other. It has timothy planted at the moment but I know that the roots don't go down far enough for it to do anything for the crop. I'm going to drill in Alfalfa and Orchard Grass as the Alfalfa roots will grow deep enough that the sub irrigation can provide water to them and the Orchard Grass, I've read is more competitive and can beat some invasive weeds that may grow. Now my question is: can the water brought up by the alfalfa somehow moisten the upper layer of the soil a bit so the grass can use it? If it can I know it wouldn't amount to much but any little bit helps right!? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!



Alfalfa/Grass and Sub Irrigation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire